Wood floors have been in use for over 100 years. They offer unmatched beauty, style, and appearance. Wood floors are timeless in their beauty. A wood floor can be more valuable than a carpeted or laminated one. To preserve its durability and quality, you must maintain it with proper cleaning and care.
It is crucial to understand the importance of cleaning wooden floors. Hardwood floors are prone to stains, dust, and other unneeded dirt. If not removed properly, even fine dirt can leave marks and scratches on hardwood floors. Wood floors can be more difficult to clean, but there are easy ways to do it. You should sweep your floors once a week, and make it part of your daily routine.
Things You Shouldn’t Do
- Use regular cleaning and dusting products. Only use the products that are specifically designed for hardwood.
- Do not use water to mop the floor. This will cause permanent damage. Use a damp cloth to remove dirt, stains, and spillages. However, it is not a good idea to pour water directly on wooden floors.
- Use ammonia. Avoid using ammonia for wood floor cleaning. This will dull the floor’s finish and make re-coating difficult.
- Use wax mixed with urethane. You should be cautious when applying polyurethane to the floor. Use wax sparingly. Instead, vacuum the floors and wipe any spills with a damp cloth.
- When moving appliances and furniture, don’t drag them. Rubber can be used under each item to protect the floor from scratches.
Things You Should Do
- Because dirt and dust can easily get between the boards, it is a good idea to vacuum the floor. Use a vacuum with a bare floor attachment to ensure that it does not damage the wood.
- Blinds and sheers are a great way to protect wooden floors from discoloration.
- Avoid wearing stilettos and keep your high-heeled shoes in great condition. You may also want to take your slippers, sandals, or shoes out of sight at the front door.
- Take care of your pet’s nails. Sometimes, pets, especially dogs and cats, have very long nails. To preserve hardwood floors, their claws must be properly trimmed.
- Particularly for areas where spills are likely, use cotton mats or rugs.
- Use a towel or dry cloth to immediately clean up any dirt, spillages, or stains. If the spills are very sticky, you can use a damp cloth to clean them up. But it is important that it be dried immediately.
You can have beautiful, well-maintained wood floors if you know the basics of wood floor cleaning. Consider your options if you want the best wood flooring Melbourne. You can search the internet to find more options for hardwood floors. Make smart choices.